In this episode, I had a great chat with my special guest – Sachin Gupta, CEO and Co-Founder of HackerEarth. Time flew by as we discussed the following:
Questions asked in this interview:
- What are you really passionate about?
- What inspired you to get into the space of skill assessments?
- How he saw a lack and a gap in the way developers were hired?
- What changes have you seen with the market in terms of companies using skill assessments?
- What are the benefits of using a skill assessment platform for technical hiring?
- With all the customers you have served, what have been the biggest challenges that recruiters face with regard to technical hiring?
- What should one look out for while looking for a skill assessment platform?
- What in your opinion is the future of technical hiring?
- What are the pros and cons of using a skill assessment software?
About My Guest:
Sachin Gupta is a Computer Science graduate from IIT Roorkee who realized that he loves the sales and marketing aspect of a start-up as much he loves to code. He has worked as a Software Developer at Google and Microsoft before he ventured out to build HackerEarth. As the Co-Founder and CEO of HackerEarth, Sachin wears multiple hats at HackerEarth. In the early days, he was directly involved in product development and writing code. Currently, he leads the Marketing team, overlooks the Sales strategy and drives the Sales team, is responsible for setting up the operations process and actively contributes to Product Management and Strategy. | Connect with Sachin Gupta on LinkedIn
HackerEarth is an AI-powered developer assessment software that helps organizations to accurately measure a developer’s skills through online coding tests. It takes a skill-based approach to assessment, allowing companies to automatically generate standardized tests based on various skills and then accurately measure the developer’s performance on those skills. HackerEarth also has a community version of the product that’s used by 3M+ developers to assess their coding skills, become better at coding and discover opportunities.